We’ve received a number of comments and questions from our customers regarding details around our hygiene practices at our stores. While our stores have always been cleaned and sanitized daily, as an added precaution, our store teams have increased the frequency and extent of those cleanings.
We take cleaning and disinfecting seriously.
At different intervals, multiple times a day, a cleaning checklist is completed in all stores.
Surfaces continuously being sanitized include but are not limited to:
- Shopping carts
- Shopping carts and shopping baskets are sanitized most frequently
- Checkout counters at the front of the store and at the pharmacy
- Photo areas and kiosks
- Blue Rhino propane cages
- Key maker machines
- Red Box kiosks
- Drop off and consulting counters in our pharmacies as well as immunization rooms after each patient
- Pharmacy counters and workstations, fax machines printers etc.
- Credit card terminals and counters
- Breakrooms for employees
- Stock room desks and doors
- All entry and exit doors
- All offices and equipment used throughout the store
- Display cases with glass or hard surfaces
To keep yourself and our employees safe, please adhere to CDC guidelines on how to stop the spread of the illness.
- Wash your hands thoroughly (20 seconds) and often as you can
- Refrain from touching your mouth, nose, face or eyes
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue and dispose of the tissue right away.
- Stay home if you are sick to avoid spreading any illness
- Follow proper social distancing practices
- 6 feet distance from others as the area permits when in contact for 10min or more.
Hygiene Practices For Delivery Services
Our Instacart delivery service is signatureless and doesn’t require contact. Additionally, Prime Now is largely contactless with the exception of alcohol-related purchases. We’re working with Amazon to explore options here. For more information, please reach out to Instacart and Prime Now directly.
For Nimble, our prescription delivery service, we use FedEx to help us deliver your prescriptions to your door. No signature is required, and FedEx workers are in possession of hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes in vehicles, they are hand cleaning after each pick up/delivery, not shaking hands, and only coming in physical contact with others when it is absolutely necessary.
We thank you for your patience and understanding while visiting our stores. We’re here to serve you and keep you as safe as possible when shopping and visiting the pharmacy. Our teams are also working diligently to stay in-stock on the items you need, or get alternative products out on the shelves to keep you, your friends and your family safe.