Our NW climate can wreak havoc on our skin, particularly during the winter months. If you’re experiencing itchy, uncomfortable skin, you’re not alone. Men in particular have the added irritation of shaving which doesn’t help the matter. So if your version of “skin care” involves simply rinsing your razor twice while shaving, here are some suggestions on how you can make your skin (and you!) happy.
1. Wash your face
- Pick up a facial-specific cleanser to keep in the shower with you for a quick and easy clean. Our favorite is Garnier SkinActive Gentle Cleanser. It smells great and more importantly gently gets rid of dirt and grime without compromising your skin’s vibrance.
- Now that your face is clean, spend one more minute to exfoliate twice per week, particularly if you don’t frequently shave. By exfoliating, you give new skin cells the chance to grow. This will help build up healthy skin cells and promote brighter, youthful looking skin. Bulldog Original Face Scrub has been specially formulated to remove dead skin and leave the skin feeling smooth and deeply cleansed.
- Once you’re done washing and exfoliating, let your skin lap up some moisture! Garnier SkinActive Face Moisturizer with SPF and Vitamin C will protect you from the elements, provide vitamins and keep your face feeling great. Don’t forget to take care of the rest of your body! Pick up a bottle of Curel Ultra Healing lotion and apply generously after your shower.
4. Inside Out
- What you put into your body shows through your skin. Feed it with nutrient rich foods like fresh vegetables, citrus fruits and lean meats. Avoiding sugar and dairy can help keep your skin clear. Don’t forget to take your vitamins and make water your new best friend.
5. Try additional pampering
- Taking some time for yourself can help boost your mood (and reduce the progression of frown or scowl lines). We suggest a one-time-use sheet face mask for a mini, in-home facial. Application takes a few seconds and after 10 minutes, you’ll be left feeling so fresh and so clean. We suggest you try Burt’s Bees Hydration sheet mask – it’s sustainably made and naturally moisturizing.
6. For Beard Growers
- Beards and moustaches are all the rage here in the PNW. To keep your facial hair tame, we suggest a couple simple items to add to your morning routine. The first item is a beard comb, which will help you shape and style your beard the way you want it. Next, we recommend some beard wax, oil or balm. This, again, will help tame stray hairs and allow you to create a neat and stylish look.
Now that you’re armed with new information, what new products will you try first?