Quick Reference Guide For Internal Candidates
This is a quick guide designed for to assist current employees of Bartell Drugs apply for positions at the company. This guide will also highlight a few system requirements that will be helpful when completing your online application.
- Q.I am ready to complete my online application, how do I begin?
*Please note Items with an asterisk (*) are required fields and must be completed.
Once you have selected a position you would like to apply for, you will be asked to establish a profile by registering your email. The application process consists of 5 sections which cover the following:
- Email Registration – You will be asked to enter pertinent information including a username and password details.
- Personal Information – This section requires you to provide basic contact and person profile information.
- Additional Information – This is a very important section. Please be sure you complete this section correctly. Be sure to notify your manager you are applying for this position.
- Certificates/Licenses – If you have any certifications that are related to the position, please be include this information.
- Attach Resume – You may attach your resume or copies or other documents that will document your qualifications.
If you submit your application and there are errors, please scroll to the top of the application where you will find more details printed in red type.
Once you have completed the online application and clicked on “SUBMIT” a thank you note will appear to let you know your online application has been submitted.
- Q. How can I view jobs by occupation, or location?
- Use our basic job search feature to show all job listings related to an area within Bartell Drugs (Retail, Pharmacy, and Corporate/Support) or location or any combination of these items.
- Q. How do I look for a job with a specific title?
- If you want to look for a specific job title simply put “title:” in front of the job title in the Keywords area. While doing a keyword search will often return many results that are similar in nature, doing so can also mean that the search engine will look for it in the description as well. For example, if you type Pharmacy Assistant” in the search box, the system will pull listings that have “pharmacy”, “assistant” somewhere in the job description.
- Q. How do I use BDRS – Bartell Drugs Recruitment System?
- When you are completing your online application, please keep in mind the system will store information you enter at each step, you must be sure to use the “Continue” or other buttons within the page and NOT the browser BACK and FORWARD buttons. These buttons interrupt the application process and may cause you to lose valuable data you have entered. If you have been using the BACK and FORWARD buttons while applying, please close your browser, restart the application, and be sure to use ONLY the CONTINUE buttons within the actual web pages. We also recommend you turn off any pop-up blocker when using the application system.
- Q. What browsers are supported by the BDRS (powered by Taleo)?
- The system supports the latest browsers and operating systems. To minimize browser related issues, Microsoft Windows XP and Internet Explorer 7 or 8 will be compatible this BDRS.
- Q. What might prevent me from seeing the information correctly on the career site?
- If your browser does not read the Career Section properly, you may need to empty your Temporary Internet Files (cache) or Cookies. You can also make sure you have the required software (see Q2).
- Q. What should I do if I receive a system error message?
- We apologize for the inconvenience. Many issues will be resolved by simply exiting the application and opening a new session and ensuring your browser and operating system are compatible.
- Q. What should I do if I do not remember my username?
- When you have forgotten your username, you will need to use the “Forgot your username” function to recover your username. Simply click on the “Forgot your username” link and enter the require information to recover your username.
- Q. What should I do if I do not remember my password?
- When you have forgotten your password, you will need to use the “Forgot your Password” function to change your password. Simply click on the “Forgot your Password” link. After entering your username and your email address, you will receive a Change Password email. Open this email and follow the instructions. This email is only good to access the application process or change your password. Once you reach the change password screen, enter the requested information and select your new password keeping the following in mind:
- The password must contain at least 6 and no more than 32 characters.
- The password must NOT contain any special characters (e.g. @#$%^&, space etc.).
- The password must be different from your username.
- When prompted for the old password, please input the password provided in the email.
- Q. I did not get the email to change my password. What can I do?
- Please verify the following details:
- Your email software does not have a filter that prevents you from getting emails from people outside of a certain list of contacts.
- You don’t have a filter that classified the emails that you receive.
- Your email service does not block emails with HTML attachments.
- You have provided your email address when logging into the Career Section.
- You have entered your email address in the Personal Information page of your application.
- Q. I am receiving a message that I already have an account, although it isn’t accepting my email address, what should I do?
- If you are certain you do not already have an account the message is probably indicating the “USER ID” you are choosing already exists in the database for another applicant. When creating a USER ID, please make sure it is unique. A good example would be your entire email address as no one else will have it and it is easy to remember.
If you can’t remember if you already have an account, follow the instructions to recover user ID or password. If still you are not successful, click the link to “report a problem”.
- Q.My account is locked. What can I do?
- Your account can be locked after several unsuccessful attempts are made to login with your username and the wrong password. If your account has been locked please send an email to the “Report a Problem” link on the career site.
- Q. What are the guidelines for uploading a resume?
- You resume must be in a Microsoft WORD or pdf format and smaller than 300KB. If you used another application to complete your resume, please use the copy and paste option or type in your information from scratch. All images must be removed before uploading. Resumes that contain viruses will not be accepted.
- Q. What might be the cause for an error when attaching my resume in the parsing tool?
- This issue may be caused by one of the following:
- Your resume is in an unsupported format.
- Q. What might be the cause of an error when attaching a file?
- This issue may be caused by one of the following:
- The file you are uploading has a size that is bigger than the maximum size limit. The maximum size limit is under 300KB.
- Q. How do I update an attached file?
- You can attach a file with the exact same name as the file you previously attached. The system will overwrite the old file.