February is Heart Health month! If you’re looking for an easy, tasty breakfast or snack that’s good for your heart – you’re sure to find what you’re looking for in a bowl of oatmeal. A great source of fiber, they’re a good way to keep the New Year going in a right and healthful direction. We hope you enjoy the delicious recipe below.
1. Pour all ingredients into a mason jar:
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats*
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds*
- ½ tablespoon ground flax meal*
- 1 cup almond milk*
- 1/3 cup dairy free yogurt (we love Forager Project brand)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract*
- For extra sweetness, add 1 tablespoon of honey or maple syrup*
2. Mix all ingredients together
3. Close mason jar and chill in refrigerator overnight
4. In the morning, top with fresh strawberries and gluten free granola (optional).
*All these items are available at your local Bartell’s!
Want to keep this recipe? Print it here.
Have a favorite heart healthy recipe? Share it in the comments below!