Pharmacy Career Opportunities and Benefits
Join Our Professional Pharmacy Staff! Bartell Drugs is continually looking for Pharmacists who desire to work for a company that believes in the professionalism of a pharmacy and provides an environment that allows them to do what they do best - PRACTICE PHARMACY.
To maintain a winning team, Bartells seeks highly motivated, dynamic individuals to provide the personal attention and caring service that our customers deserve.
We desire to attract the best pharmacists possible. Newly hired pharmacists receive high quality personal training from experienced pharmacists. For pharmacy interns and recent pharmacy graduates, Bartell Drugs offers an environment where you can develop your professional skills and set your personal goals as a pharmacist. Bartell Drugs has long maintained its policy of promoting from within. Many of Bartell Drugs’ executives began their careers as pharmacists.
Well trained pharmacy technicians and a state-of-the-art computer system allow adequate time to counsel patients. Currently the following items are in the process of being implemented in our pharmacies:
- Installation of new hardware and software using a Windows NT platform; this will allow the pharmacist to bill for cognitive services electronically.
- Installation of frame relay (claims transmitted to PBM in 3-5 seconds); nearly all claims will be billed electronically.
- Installation of new phone systems in many stores, including automatic answering machines (IVR) and allowing the use of headsets; e-mail between pharmacies, and between the stores and the office, etc.
- Access to the internet through frame relay in 5 seconds; allows pharmacists to obtain drug information, data, etc. from web sites.
- Installation of laser printers throughout the chain.
- Implementation of cognitive service packages, such as emergency contraception program; other programs to follow.
Bartell’s management encourages and supports involvement in the surrounding communities. Outstanding community service and sponsoring public awareness of pharmacy related issues and programs are company goals. Click here for Community Involvement.
Health Insurance Coverage
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription package.
- Prescription coverage paid by Bartell Drugs with a minimal co-pay.
- Short-term disability provided by Bartell Drugs at no cost to the employee.
- Group Life Insurance at no cost to the employee.
- Voluntary Life Insurance at group rates.
401-k Retirement Plan (Tax Deferred Retirement Savings Plan)
- Bartells will match 25% of the first 8% of your contribution. Although you can choose to contribute more than 8% to the plan, the company match will be capped at 2% of your gross bi-weekly pay.
|You Contribution||Bartells Match|
- Plan members can contribute 2%-50% of compensation into the plan.*
- Automatic enrollment (opt-out option available).
- Employee and Company matching contributions and earnings are immediately vested.
24-Hour access via phone or the Internet.
*Subject to limitations imposed by the Internal Revenue Code.
Deferred Compensation Plan
- An added opportunity to build retirement saving for qualified personnel.
- Defer up to 20% of base salary and 100% of annual bonus, saving and accruing earnings on a tax-advantaged basis.
- Employee contributions immediately vested.
Paid Time Off
- Eight days of PTO during first year.
- Twelve days of PTO after two years of continuous service.
- Seventeen days of PTO after seven years of continuous service.
- Twenty-two days of PTO after fourteen years of continuous service.
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
- Employee Service Recognition
- Employee of the Quarter Program
- Employee Assistance Program paid by Bartell Drugs
- Annual Company Golf Tournament
- Credit Union Access
- Bank of America at Work - exclusive package of banking benefits for those with direct deposit through BOA.
- 24 Hour Fitness - membership packages available at discount through Bartell Drugs sponsorship.
- Bartell Drugs provides the most generous Employee Discount in the industry!
Bartell Drugs offers competitive wages and benefits including, but not limited to, those listed above. This is meant to be a brief summary of the various benefits. Benefits may be changed or modified. If you would like further information on Bartell Drug employee benefits, please send us an e-mail message or call the Bartell Drugs’ Human Resources Department at (206) 763-2626.